Contract-Management - Michael Friese
Active Contract Management is much more than simply administrating contracts.
Our understanding of Contract Management is to support your team in every contract-relevant respect.
Besides basic topics, e.g. “what’s in the contract” (business volume, deadlines, remuneration, fees, submitting invoices, meeting commitments, obeying the rules) it is important to show how this all can transferred into practice.
The questions are:
- How do I react to modified or additional business volumes?
- How do I react to unforeseeable obstacles?
- When do I have to declare a notice of reservation or notice of obstruction ?
- What needs to be done if deadlines cannot be kept?
Usually, we first check “what’s in the contract” and do some analysis work. The result is a contracts version which is then easily understandable for all your technical staff. Furthermore, we work out the results of our analysis together with your team to make sure that everybody in your team can work with the contract without any difficulties – in the office as well as on the building site.
We make sure that your team doesn’t lose track whenever it gets rough with the daily work routine.
This is what active Contract Management is to us:
- To work closely with your team
- Supervision of work to be in accordance with deadlines
- Prompt and appropriate actions in case of emergencies (delays due to missing conditions or missing / insufficient preliminary work)
- Constant supervision of schedules to discover discrepancies as soon as possible in order to take suitable countermeasures
- To draw up supplemental offers and claims as stipulated in the contract to ensure payment for extra work and adjustment of the agreed deadlines.
- Preparation and conducting of negotiations with clients and subcontractors according to Claim Management
- And, last but not least, we do all the “unloved” paperwork for you…
After more than 20 years of work experience in the construction sector we know everything about sailing around treacherous rocks without being shipwrecked and are happy to support your projects.